BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

U-Con @ UConn 2011

Just got back from U-Con @ UConn! And by "just got back from U-Con @ UConn," I mean we left, realized I'd left my pillow, turned back, went even further back because we needed gas, and NOW I am back from U-Con @ UConn x'D Fun fun. But seriously, the convention was excellent and I'm so so happy I was able to guest at it.


Panel went extremely awesomely well....... for the first hour and a half. See, I got a 2 hour panel. Which made me a bit nervous, but I had confidence in myself, as I always do, so I gave it a go! And, as I predicted, the audience ran out of questions. They all had excellent, varied questions and everyone was so involved and loved it! And then....... bah.

As I sat in That Guy With The Glasses's panel, I was a bit on edge due to:

1. Him announcing that he was doing autographs after his panel, (which was when my panel was starting)

2. Cosplay contest chick making an announcement on stage that the cosplay contest was happening at 2:00, (which was when my panel was starting)

But as a whole, it was excellent. I can be satisfied with 3/4 of the panel being fucking fantastic. ^_^ Though, I am taking it pretty hard. As I said when I responded to a question asking about auditions and stuff, I'm too hard on myself. I need to just relax. Baaaaaaah. I'm too perfectionist-y. That's a word now. I have declared it.

Anyway, now I must get back to school and musical practice. Maybe I'll get a snow day this week and further delay my graduation xD Can't complain. I've never been this happy. Really. My career's taking off, (with both voice acting and my marketing career,) I'm in love with the most amazing guy I've ever met, I'm a lead in the musical, my plans are packed for this summer, (including 3 cons and a long overdue 2 week road trip with my friends.) I'm really, really happy. ^_^

So stop being so hard on yourself, Jessi. Relax.

0 comments: